This notification is to advise that the previously communicated new requirement for mechanical fuel pump systems to have a fuel shut off (issued May 14) is now retracted and will no longer apply.
The ANDRA NRC (National Rules Committee) have discussed this at length, both internally and externally with some racers/members, and have concluded the rule change will no longer apply from 1st July 2020.
The ANDRA NRC will discuss this requirement further to determine the best and most practical way forward and the revised requirement will likely be introduced in 2021.
If you have any questions relating to this notification, please email email@example.com
Scott Halfyard, ANDRA Technical Officer
Note: The details of the previously communicated rule change, which now no longer apply, are listed below.
- RULEBOOK REFERENCE:
- 2019/2020, page 218, 4.5.4 Fuel Systems.
- EXISTING TEXT:
- All mechanically fuel injected vehicles, or any vehicle using a pressurised fuel tank must have a quick-action fuel shut-off within easy reach of the Driver/ Rider, operating on the main fuel line between the pump and the injectors.
- PROPOSED TEXT:
- All vehicles, using mechanical fuel pumps (OEM style pumps excluded) or a pressurised fuel tank, must have a quick-action fuel shut-off (cable operated to avoid valve in cockpit) within easy reach of the Driver/Rider, operating on the main fuel line between the pump and the carburetor or injectors.
- RULE SUBMISSION INTENT:
- To improve the safety of racers by the requirement that ALL vehicles with mechanical fuel pumps have shut off valves, the current rule refers only to mechanically injected & ignores EFI & carburetor equipped vehicles.
- PROPOSED AMENDMENT:
- Remove the reference to “mechanically fuel injected”.
- Add reference “using mechanical fuel pumps (OEM style pumps excluded).
- Add reference that shut-off to be cable operated & valve not in cockpit.
- Add reference to include carburetor.
- CLASSES AFFECTED:
- Any classes where EFI or carburetor may be used, but mostly Super Sedan, Top Sportsman, Modified & Super Stock.