The Australian National Drag Racing Association and South Coast Raceway are pleased to announce the addition of an extra round to the recently released 2019/2020 Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series calendar.
The South Coast Nationals will be held on December 14 and 15 in 2019 and will see the total number of events for the 2019/2020 season increased to 11.
“We have been in discussions with South Coast Raceway regarding a second date and we are now very pleased to be able to confirm the South Coast Nationals in December as an official part of the 2019/2020 Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series,” ANDRA General Manager, Brett Stevens, said.
“Across the now 11 events, the 2019/2020 Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series will visit more states, more divisions and more venues than in previous years.
“Calendars can be complex to put together – we have been working on this particular line-up for 12 months – and our thanks must go to the venues, regional and capital city based, who have worked with us hand-in-hand over the last year to build the best calendar we could for our membership.
“We certainly appreciate their long-standing support of ANDRA, the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series, and our racers. Hosting these events requires a lot of work and effort from the host venues and without them we would not be able to all do what we love – I hope the ANDRA membership will join us in acknowledging the dedication and efforts of these venues and do what they can to show their support of them across the season.”
The addition of the South Coast Nationals means that Portland’s South Coast Raceway will now host two Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series events across the 2019/2020 season, as does Mildura’s Sunset Strip, Adelaide International Raceway and the Perth Motorplex. Calder Park Raceway, Alice Springs Inland Dragway and the Hidden Valley Drag Strip also play starring roles with one event each.
The updated 2019/2020 Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series calendar is as follows*:
- Round one – Alice Springs Inland Dragway – Desert Nationals – August 3-4, 2019
- Round two – Hidden Valley Drag Strip – NT Nationals – August 9-10, 2019
- Round three – Mildura’s Sunset Strip – The Sunset Strip Nationals – September 21-22, 2019
- Round four – Perth Motorplex – The Goldenstates – November 9
- Round five – Adelaide International Raceway – DecoGlaze Glass Splashbacks Rowe Memorial – November 23, 2019
- Round six – Portland’s South Coast Raceway – South Coast Nationals – December 14-15, 2019
- Round seven – Portland’s South Coast Raceway – South Coast 660 – January 11-12, 2020
- Round eight – Melbourne’s Calder Park Raceway – February 1-2, 2020
- Round nine – Perth Motorplex – The Westernationals – February 29 – March 1, 2020
- Round ten – Mildura’s Sunset Strip – Twilight Nationals – March 13-14, 2020
- Round eleven – Adelaide International Raceway – Grand Final – March 28-29, 2020
Round three of the 2019/2020 Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series, the Sunset Strip Nationals, will conclude today (September 22) at Mildura’s Sunset Strip. For more information, visit www.sunsetstrip.org.au or www.andra.com.au
*Please note this calendar is subject to change.