The Australian National Drag Racing Association has confirmed a 10-round calendar for the 2019/2020 Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series with the release of details for rounds 4-10 today.
The 19/20 series calendar increases the total number of events by one and the number of venues by two with the return of Calder Park Raceway and Adelaide International Raceway, which will host the championship finale.
“We are very pleased to be able to announce a full calendar for the 2019/2020 Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series which includes two venues which our community has been very vocal about wanting to see the return of: Calder Park Raceway and Adelaide International Raceway,” ANDRA General Manager, Brett Stevens, said.
“While we never wanted to delay releasing our full calendar this long, our members have made it very clear that they wanted more venues and if possible, a return to racing at Calder Park and Adelaide. We felt it was very important to do absolutely everything that we could to ensure we could include as many facilities as possible.
“This has taken quite some time but with confirmed schedules now in place for works to these two race tracks, we are now very happy to officially confirm both of these venues; while also announcing Adelaide International Raceway as the host for the Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series Grand Final.
“Aside from the return of these two venues, the calendar once again sees the Championship travel to Western Australia and the highly-regarded Perth Motorplex for two banner events, while Mildura’s Sunset Strip and Portland’s South Coast Raceway continue to have starring roles in our season. And of course we have also already experienced two fantastic events in the north thanks to Alice Springs Inland Dragway and the Hidden Valley Drag Strip.
“I would like to thank all of the tracks, our racers and our supporting partners for their understanding and patience as we have finalised this calendar and we look forward to continuing to work together for a fantastic season ahead.”
The full 2019/2020 Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series calendar is as follows*:
- Round one – Alice Springs Inland Dragway – Desert Nationals – August 3-4, 2019
- Round two – Hidden Valley Drag Strip – NT Nationals – August 9-10, 2019
- Round three – Mildura’s Sunset Strip – The Sunset Strip Nationals – September 21-22, 2019
- Round four – Perth Motorplex – The Goldenstates – November 9
- Round five – Adelaide International Raceway – DecoGlaze Glass Splashbacks Rowe Memorial – November 23, 2019
- Round six – Portland’s South Coast Raceway – South Coast 660 – January 11-12, 2020
- Round seven – Melbourne’s Calder Park Raceway – February 1-2, 2020
- Round eight – Perth Motorplex – The Westernationals – February 29 – March 1, 2020
- Round nine – Mildura’s Sunset Strip – Twilight Nationals – March 13-14, 2020
- Round ten – Adelaide International Raceway – Grand Final – March 28-29, 2020
Round three of the 2019/2020 Summit Racing Equipment Sportsman Series, the Sunset Strip Nationals, will be held this weekend (September 21-22) at Mildura’s Sunset Strip. For more information, visit www.sunsetstrip.org.au or www.andra.com.au
*Please note this calendar is subject to change.