As part of the 2020/21 Rulebook Rule Submissions the following internal Rule Proposal was made.
- RULEBOOK REFERENCE:
- 2019/2020, page 218, 4.5.4 Fuel Systems.
- Existing Text:
- All mechanically fuel injected vehicles, or any vehicle using a pressurised fuel tank must have a quick-action fuel shut-off within easy reach of the Driver/ Rider, operating on the main fuel line between the pump and the injectors.
- Proposed Text:
- All vehicles, using mechanical fuel pumps (OEM style pumps excluded) or a pressurised fuel tank, must have a quick-action fuel shut-off (cable operated to avoid valve in cockpit) within easy reach of the Driver/Rider, operating on the main fuel line between the pump and the carburetor or injectors.
- RULE SUBMISSION INTENT:
- To improve the safety of racers by the requirement that ALL vehicles with mechanical fuel pumps have shut off valves, the current rule refers only to mechanically injected & ignores EFI & carburetor equipped vehicles.
- PROPOSED AMENDMENT:
- Remove the reference to “mechanically fuel injected”.
- Add reference “using mechanical fuel pumps (OEM style pumps excluded).
- Add reference that shut-off to be cable operated & valve not in cockpit.
- Add reference to include carburetor.
- CLASSES AFFECTED:
- Any classes where EFI or carburetor may be used, but mostly Super Sedan, Top Sportsman, Modified & Super Stock.
This bulletin is to serve as advanced notice that this Rule Submission was accepted by the ANDRA National Rules Committee (NRC) and the Operations Team (Ops).
Therefore, this requirement will become effective from 1st July 2020 and will be included in the next revision of the ANDRA Rulebook.
If you have any questions relating to this notification, please email email@example.com